Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Another great class.

Admittedly, I haven't been doing yoga as much as I would love, but I'm keeping at it.

In class, I tweaked my Crow's hand positioning, and I was able to hold it for longer (or at least I felt more sturdy).

I can push higher into Wheel, and my Headstand it getting better. I'm able to get my hips over my head, I just need to find my balance to bring my legs up. Tripod Headstand is easier for me than Supported Headstand. The only thing is that my legs fall off to the side in Tripod Headstand, and I get afraid of hurting my neck. In Supported Headstand, I feel more supported, but I can't quite get my legs up.

I'm looking forward to the time in my practice where it clicks; I remember those "aha!" moments with Crow and Shoulderstand. (Although, it's been a while with Shoulderstand... I remember the fear of hurting my neck, and one day I just did it.)

I'm also looking forward to the day that my arms are strong enough to do Handstand. As I can tell when I push into my Wheel, and with my Chaturungas, my arms are getting stronger: I didn't backtrack as much as I thought when I took a break because of my knees.

What I should do is practice more arm balances. I don't know... my body just feels too heavy sometimes. That doesn't mean I shouldn't practice it! I just need to get over my ego and keep trying. :-)

I'm really excited for the Wanderlust Yoga in the City on May 31st. I'm actually going to be able to drag a friend who has never really done yoga before. I'm hoping to turn him into a yogi. One day I want to go to an actual festival, but that doesn't make me any less excited for Chicago's Wanderlust.

All in all, I feel amazing. Thank you, yoga.

This is where I'm at right now.

This is where I will be one day. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment