Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thich Nhat Hanh Living Mindfully


Be forewarned: this video is two hours long. Worth the whole watch, but let me recap.

My favorite part was the first forty minutes with Oprah interviewing Thich Nhat Hanh. His lack of ego humbles me, and often his speech moves me to tears. A memorable part for me was his description of his practice: to learn to care for your suffering in order to care for the suffering of others.

The Dhamma Brothers segment was interesting for me because if I ever am in a place of knowledge and resources, I would love to bring these types of programs to prisons, rehabilitation and mental health facilities. In all reality, I feel like there's something I could do, but my life is too much of a jumble right now.

I hope to watch at least Thich Nhat Hanh's interview to begin my New Year. I've created a New Year's Inspiration playlist, and I'm hoping it'll get my head in a good place for the rest of the year. Heck, maybe I should watch it every six months.

Anyway, I hope this has moved you as much as it has moved me, and I hope we are all taking our lives in more positive, compassionate, and mindful directions.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment