Friday, January 10, 2014

I'm still here.

I've been neglecting my blog, but I haven't been neglecting my practice!

What to update about? I've been busy lately. Actually starting to have a life after summertime SAD. Yoga has been a wonderful recovery tool.

I am slowly, ever so slowly becoming able to hold Crow. Each time I try, it seems I can hold it just a little longer. Long enough to try a jump back. Well, the jump back needs some work, too.

My King Pigeon is getting closer to head to toes touching.

I've started to try Headstand. Gonna need some work, but I was better than expected.

And I went to a Chaturunga workshop, and will hopefully be more mindful with alignment. A problem I have is a curved back, but I never thought to change my gaze.

I'm also doing Yoga for Trade now at Core Power. Completely worth it. It's much better for me with this cold weather. I need motivation when my joints are so stiff.

I am one year older, now, with every intention of keeping my practice. I am thankful for a source of peace that is centuries old: tried and true.

I am also thankful for my yoga buddies, even though we haven't gone in a while.

And now, your moment of Zen:

No comments:

Post a Comment